Building Operator Certification
Building Operator Certification (BOC) is a nationally recognized, competency-based training and certification program for building operators and facility managers. Topics covered include facility electrical and lighting systems, HVAC, indoor air quality, sustainability, and energy conservation. Classroom instruction is combined with hands-on projects using the students’ own facilities, so that experience is relevant and practical.
PNM provides $1,800 of tuition support (which covers 100% of the cost) for qualifying facilities personnel to enroll in BOC classes that lead to improved job skills and knowledge. The goal is to transform workplaces to be more energy efficient, comfortable, and environmentally friendly.
“Understanding and communication between a contractor and their client is key. The BOC training program gives insight into the challenges from a Building Operator perspective, which in turn helps us, the contractor, to better incorporate comfort and efficiency feature components.
Turning the corner of understanding builds trust and increases the value of our services. As a General Contractor, the ability to deliver a building with a lifetime of cost-saving features – and better yet, to communicate that goal – fosters a relationship of loyalty and customer satisfaction.”
– Craig Hanson, Jaynes Corporation
Building Operator Certification classes
BOC classes are held in Albuquerque and Santa Fe. See below for more information:
- Albuquerque BOC classes are being held online in coordination with the AGC. For full information, see the resources below:
- Click here for full information about the BOC program at AGC and to register.
- Click here to download AGC’s brochure about the BOC program.
- Santa Fe BOC classes are held at Santa Fe Community College. For full information, see the resources below:
- Click here to learn more about the BOC program offered through SFCC.
- Click here for BOC course descriptions on the national BOC program website.
- Click here for full information on the national BOC program.
- Click here for the BOC application
Watch the video, “BOC: The Essential Credential,” to hear first-hand about the value of the BOC from a program graduate!