PNM Distributor Discount Program
Instant, Point-of-Sale Rebates on High-Efficiency Equipment
The PNM Distributor Discount Program (DDP) is a "midstream" rebate program. It’s different from our other business energy efficiency programs, where the rebate occurs after installation ("downstream"). In the Distributor Discount Program, the energy efficiency savings occur "midstream," at the distributor level - as an instant discount at the point of sale.
Here's how it works:
A participating equipment distributor sells an eligible piece of high-efficiency equipment to an eligible PNM commercial or industrial customer. The customer receives a "rebate" as a discount, instantly, at the time of purchase - and doesn't have to complete any paperwork. PNM then pays the rebate directly to the equipment distributor.
For PNM Customers:
Download our DDP HVAC Information for Customers sheet here.
1) Why purchase high-efficiency equipment?
You probably know that energy-efficient equipment saves energy and money, offers improved technology and is better for the environment. While the up-front purchase price of efficient equipment is usually higher, your cost is more than recouped over its lifetime. Here's why replacing aging, inefficient equipment with high-efficiency alternatives is the smart choice:
- Save instantly with the PNM Distributor Discount Program’s point-of-sale rebate
- Enjoy immediate and often substantial energy bill savings
- Avoid expensive, unplanned emergency repairs due to equipment failure during peak seasons
- Since high-efficiency systems use the latest technology, enjoy better performance, less downtime, and reduced maintenance expenses.
Sample lifetime costs, standard vs. high-efficiency equipment:
NOTE: Values used are illustrative only.
2) What equipment qualifies for the PNM Distributor Discount program?
Currently, the program includes Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment. (Other types, including high-efficiency food service and refrigeration units, are coming soon.) Specific qualifying HVAC equipment includes:
- Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners (PTAC)
- Packaged Terminal Heat Pumps (PTHP)
- Packaged and Split System AC Units
- Packaged and Split System Heat Pumps
3) What minimum efficiencies qualify for the instant discounts?
Sample HVAC efficiencies and incentives:
4) Who offers the Distributor Discount?
The following are participating HVAC distributors in the PNM Distributor Discount Program (as of 1/1/2018):
Want to become a PNM Distributor Discount equipment provider? Download and complete the Distributor Participation Agreement (updated 1/16/17), and return to us at email@example.com.