PNM New Construction Program
Building a More Efficient Facility
PNM business customers can apply for incentives for implementing more efficient designs and for conducting enhanced building commissioning in new construction.
New Construction Prescriptive Rebates
Items from the Prescriptive (pre-set) menu that qualify for PNM New Construction rebates include:
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC)
- Unitary and split air conditioning systems
- Premium efficiency air source heat pumps
- High efficiency water and air cooled chillers
- Packaged terminal air conditioning (PTAC) units
- Packaged terminal heat pumps (PTHP)
- Variable refrigerant flow heat pumps
- Hotel guest room energy management systems (occupancy sensors)
- Indirect evaporative cooling
- High efficiency food service equipment
- High efficiency ice makers
New Construction Lighting
Rebates for new construction lighting projects are calculated at $0.30 per watt reduced.
The watts-reduced value is based on Lighting Power Density (LPD) in watts per square foot and is calculated as the LPD values for the new lighting less than baseline LPD values listed in ASHRAE 90.1-2007 for various building types:
- Rebate = (LPD baseline - LPD actual) x Gross Lighted Area x $0.30
Whole Building Performance
The customer may instead elect to use a whole building approach to efficiency. The Whole Building New Construction rebate includes the following opportunities:
- 10% to 20% electricity savings beyond ASHRAE 90.1-2007 $0.08 per kWh
- Greater than 20% electricity savings beyond ASHRAE 90.1-2007 $0.10 per kWh
Click here to access the 2018 Retrofit and New Construction Applications
, which include all of the above.
PNM Trade Allies are approved contractors who can provide you with estimates, install equipment, and assist you with the application process.
Click here to access our Trade Ally List.
Questions? Call 1-877-607-0741.