PNM Retrofit Rebates Program
Improving Your Existing Facility
The Retrofit Rebate Program offers Prescriptive (from a pre-set menu) and Custom incentives to business customers to install energy-efficient equipment in their existing facilities.
Prescriptive rebates (selected from a pre-set menu of common retrofit measures) are for installing qualifying equipment in new and existing buildings, which include:
- Energy-Efficient Lighting (Interior and Exterior/Dusk-to-Dawn/12-Hour operation)
- LED lamps and fixtures
- LED, T8 and T5 lamps replacing HID
- Occupancy sensors and daylighting sensor controls
- LED fixture controls
- Linear fluorescent to linear fluorescent replacements no longer qualify
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Premium efficiency unitary and split AC systems
- Premium efficiency air source heat pumps
- High efficiency water and air cooled chillers
- Packaged terminal AC and HP units
- Variable Refrigerant Flow heat pumps
- Hotel Guest Room Occupancy Sensors
- Indirect Evaporative Cooling - Does not include swamp coolers
- Refrigeration (Food Service, Grocery, Convenience Store)
- Strip curtains for walk-in coolers and freezers
- Night covers for refrigerated display cases
- Anti-sweat heater controls
- High efficiency evaporator fan motors
- Evaporator fan motor controls
- LED refrigeration case lighting
- ENERGY STAR® qualified solid-door and glass-door freezers
- Electronically commutated motors for reach-in and walk-in coolers and freezers
- High-efficiency ice makers
- Food Service Equipment (ENERGY STAR® qualified)
- Steam Cookers
- Combination Ovens
- Hot Holding Cabinets
- Beverage vending machines
- Commercial Vat Fryers and Griddles
- Premium Efficiency Motors and Variable Speed Drives (VSDs) on HVAC Motors
- Plug Load Controls
- On beverage vending machines, refrigerated coolers and snack machines
- Plug load occupancy sensors
- Industrial Equipment
- Industrial 3-Phase High Frequency Battery Chargers
You can also apply for a Custom Rebate to reduce energy use with a system improvement that is not included on the prescriptive (pre-set) menu. Custom rebates are calculated using $0.075 per estimated first year kilowatt hour (kWh) saved.
Click here to access the Retrofit and New Construction Applications
, which include all of the above.
PNM Trade Allies are approved contractors who can provide you with estimates, install equipment, and assist you with the application process.
Click here to access our Trade Ally List.
Questions? Call 1-877-607-0741.